NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Tuesday, 23 February 2016

I've joined the gym!



So, as I'm sure you can tell from the title of this post - I joined the gym! Well, in all honesty, I joined the gym back in December (exactly two months ago today strangely) but it only opened earlier this month.

I've been to several other gyms before for varying lengths of time and I really enjoy being a member of a gym. But, like most people, I struggle with motivation.


It's really important to stay hydrated at the gym and so I always take a big bottle of water with me. To make it a little more interesting I add a few slices of fresh lemon and lime or some frozen berries. The great thing about this is you can fill up your water again from a fountain and the fruit will give the same great flavour.

After the gym I'm always starving and so I always pack a small snack with me. Nakd bars are a really great choice because they're small and sweet - and also really good for you! These incredible bars have completely replaced chocolate bars and cereal bars in my diet.





















I was very kindly sent a selection box of Nakd bars from Natural Balance Foods but I've been a huge fan of these bars for ages. This did give me the chance to try a lot of new flavours out though and I can definitely say that Berry Delight and Cocoa Delight are still firm favourites, and Bakewell Tart tastes exactly like the name suggests!

Natural Balance Foods are a British company selling wholefood snacks and I'd definitely recommend checking out their website here. They've also compiled a list of tips and tricks for gym motivation - check it out!





Now, I know it might seem a little odd to start a post about the gym and to then talk about an easy recipe for flavoured water and then some snack foods but believe me - these two things really help give me the boost I need. Let me know in the comments if you have any tips for someone getting back into the gym lifestyle - and if you'd like to see more posts related to fitness? I'm thinking of doing a sportswear haul soon...


Thanks for reading!