NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Sunday, 31 January 2016

January Update

With this being the last day of January I've been thinking about what tomorrow will bring; a new month, and possibly a new start. Sprinkle Of Glitter posted today on Facebook a reflection on her month (read it below) and this inspired me to reflect on this month rather than focusing solely on the new month.

2015 was overall a great year for me. After a not-so-great summer, the year spun on its head and ended on several high notes. I wanted 2016 to be completely full of highs, but that's not realistic is it?

January has been a tough one for me for several reasons. I've started my second semester of my second year of university, and already the workload is getting to me. I've had money problems and due to the financial crisis in my university city, there aren't any jobs. My relationship could be said to be out of the "honeymoon period" and with that have come challenges.

Overall, I've faced ups and downs of emotions. Of course, amongst the challenges there have been so many great experiences. I've spent a lot of time with my brilliant friends, been enjoying getting back into old hobbies like playing the piano and reading and also really liked eating much healthier.

My word to sum up January is BALANCE. It's something I've been working towards this month and I plan to continue - is it something you ever really get to, I wonder?


Today is the last day of January. We've done the first month of 2016 and I'm in a reflective mood. 2015 was a big...
Posted by Sprinkle Of Glitter on Sunday, 31 January 2016




Let me know in the comments what your word to sum up January is.