NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Wednesday, 4 November 2015

My nighttime routine

I was going to skip blogging today because I have got so so much work to do for uni this week, but then this afternoon I got blogger's guilt that I hadn't stuck to my Wednesday/Saturday schedule: so here is the post I had always intended to write anyway!


This is the second part of my routines - if you missed my morning routine post you can check it out here.



I've actually been really naughty recently and I haven't been sticking to this routine as well as I should have. I've really noticed the difference with my skin and so I'm determined to get back on track (you can read about this and my other goals for the remained of 2015 here).



I always try to be in bed by 12am, and often I'm in bed at 11pm! It really depends on how tired I feel.



The first thing I do is take off the majority of my makeup with some cotton wool pads (triple pack £3.00) and Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water (£4.99), focussing on my eye makeup. I use about between one and four cotton pads depending on how much makeup I'm wearing that day.


Next, for my second cleanse, I use The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (£11.00) with a lukewarm, damp face cloth or muslin cloth (the same one as the morning, I then put it in my laundry bag and take a clean one the next day). I can't recommend this cleanser enough. It's really gentle, but at the same time it does an amazing job at breaking down whatever makeup you're wearing - particularly good after nights out, if I'm not too tired. It has removed all the paint from underneath where it sits on the shelf in my bathroom - I'm pretty sure this is because the type of paint is oil based, and this oil cleanser dissolves oil... anyway, it's heavy duty but doesn't irritate my skin.




If I'm too tired to take my makeup off after a night out, or I'm staying at my boyfriend's flat, I use the B. Pure Micellar Cleansing Wipes (£1.00). I got these free after spending a certain amount of money on Superdrug and I have to say I'm really impressed. Face wipes that I've used in the past have never left my skin feeling all that clean. These are obviously not as good as a proper double cleanse, but definitely do the job in a pinch.



Following on from cleanser, I use an acid toner. I'm currently using and loving the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads (£12.95 but often on offer). These pads contain glycolic acid and hyaluronic acid which act as an exfoliator. I honestly can't recommend switching to an acid toner instead of an exfoliator and a regular toner enough! I've raved about these before but let me just say that I didn't use these for a week and I noticed a huge difference in the texture of my skin!


To finish off in the bathroom I brush my teeth and use mouthwash - I've mentioned these products in my morning routine so I won't go into any more detail here.

I head upstairs next and use a stick deodorant: Sure Women Maximum Protection Cream Deodorant in Clean Scent (£4.99). This is a new product for me and the first twist up deodorant I've ever used but I have to say I really like it and I don't think I'll be going back to aerosols any time soon! It also smells like fresh laundry which is one of my favourite scents!


Next, moisturiser. I love The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask (£24.00). This seems really expensive and I thought long and hard about it before I purchased it. It's a huge tub that I've barely made a dent in as you need so little! I feel like I've spoken about this product before but I can't think when. The texture of this is, as the name suggests, bouncy. It does sit on the skin for a while and so if you're not careful you can end up stuck to your pillow but it's honestly worth it because it does such amazing things to your skin. I don't use this every night, maybe a few times a week.




Other nights I use a regular moisturiser: Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream (£5.35). If I feel like my skin needs a little shot of moisture I will use The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil (£15.00). Again, this is quite pricey for such a small bottle but you only need about two drops to cover your entire face.



I finish off my nighttime routine by applying some hand cream - I've currently got a miniature Soap&Glory Sugar Crush Hand Food (£2.50) sat beside my bed. I also use Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Honey (£3.99).



Wow that was a long one! Congratulations if you made it to the end.


What's one product you can't go to sleep without using?