NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Lush first impressions


So I've got something to admit to you. Until very very recently I had never tried a Lush product. Nope, not one. Before I moved to Aberdeen I didn't have a nearby store but I've lived here for over a year now and I've never been near the Lush store here. It took my sister and friend giving me Lush products for presents for me to try any, and now I'm wishing that I had much, much sooner.


Sweetie Pie shower jelly (£3.75)
These shower jellies are supposed to be the combination resulting from a bottle of shower gel and a bar of soap having a baby. I think that these are a really fun idea that kids would probably love, but unfortunately for me I just couldn't get on with it. For starters, the jelly smelled very strongly of cherries. The jelly was also really hard to use and I just couldn't get it to lather at all. I also kept dropping it in the shower!
Would I repurchase? No


Rock Star soap (£3.50) - "Smells like Teen Spirit"
This soap is awesome. For starters, just look at it! The scent is really hard to describe, but the Lush website says that it smells like seaside rock. The scent really lingers on your skin too and it leaves your skin feeling really soft.
Would I repurchase? Yes yes yes





Twilight bath bomb (£3.50) - "Let the sun set on worries"
This was my first Lush bath bomb and to be honest I didn't really get all the hype before I used it. Oh boy, was I wrong. For starters, it looks gorgeous with the moon and stars imprinted on it. It smelt fantastic both out of and in the bath - the Lush website describes it as a lavender smell, but I wouldn't be put off by that if you aren't a huge lavender fan. The bath water changes from a pale pink to a deep mauve colour and a fair few bubbles form too. The water feels so silky and my skin felt so smooth and moisturised.
Would I repurchase? Yes, but I'd love to try some of the other bath bombs first.







There we have it: my impressions of a few Lush products. Leave me some recommendations of other products to try in the comments!