NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Thursday, 1 October 2015

The jeans which changed my mind

A bad experience with a pair of shorts completely put me off high waisted jeans. Sounds strange, but let me paint you a picture: they were high waisted, knee length, dark blue, denim shorts with three or four buttons instead of a zipper. God knows why I bought them when they made my hips look mahoooosive and were just generally unflattering and uncomfortable - not to mention difficult to get out of with all of those buttons.

I somehow got it into my head that high waisted jeans were unflattering on me, which is strange seeing as I practically live in my high waisted leggings and treggings from Topshop - shop leggings here (£15) and treggings here (£25).

Thank goodness there is a middle ground - Topshop calls them Joni jeans (£36-£45), New Look calls them Disco jeans (£15-£35) and River Island calls them Molly jeggings (£40). Basically, they're fab and the material is so comfortable to wear but they also look great!

I've rediscovered a love of jeans. And I couldn't be happier. Now I just need to go buy these in more colours! The ones I have are the Navy Disco Jeans from New Look (£19.99).

My main message of this post (besides my love of these jeans) is that if you think that there is a particular item of clothing or look that you don't think you can pull off, why not try it again or approach it in a different way? I can't believe I didn't buy these sooner. You might surprise yourself!

Thanks for reading!