NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

My morning routine


I've been wanting to write this post for ageeeees - pretty much ever since I started this blog. These types of posts are one of my favourites to read because I love seeing which products other people use in their routines and also the order in which they do things.


I've put off doing this post until I had what was, in my eyes, the perfect little routine! I really love having a routine in the mornings because even when I'm still half asleep, I know what I'm doing next.





My alarm goes off at 7:30am which gives me exactly one hour to get ready before I have to leave for a 9:00am lecture. The first thing I do is head downstairs to the bathroom.


First of all, I brush my teeth. I'm using the Colgate Max White Toothbrush (£2.49) which (yaknow for a toothbrush) I'm enjoying using. I've also recently switched to Colgate Max Fresh with Cooling Crystals toothpaste (£2.49) - it's really really minty and a bright blue colour. Finally, I use Colgate Total Spearmint Burst Mouthwash (£3.99).




Next, cleanser. I am loving both of these cream cleansers at the moment: Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (£11.49) and Bee Good Honey & Propolis 2-in-1 Cream Cleanser (£11.50). The Burt's Bees cleanser leaves my skin feeling really soft and moisturised, and also (to me anyway) smells of those Love Hearts sweets I used to love as a kid. The Bee Good cleanser is slightly less moisturising - but in a good way? I find my skin feels much more deeply cleansed when I use it so I use it when my skin needs a deeper cleanse. This is going to make me sound very weird (or an alcoholic) but to me, this cleanser smells like gin...which I like hahahaha. I highly recommend both, and think they'd work well with all skin types.

I lather a small amount of whichever cleanser on dry skin, add water and then remove using a lukewarm muslin cloth or face cloth. I don't wash my face in the shower because the water is just too hot!

Next I hop in the shower and at the moment I am loving the nspa Fruit Extracts Pink Grapefruit Shower & Bath Gel (£3 from Asda). You can read a whole post about my love of pink grapefruit scented products here.


After my shower I head upstairs where I spritz on a little bit of the La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray (£8.15). To be honest, I'm not overly impressed with this. It is raved about among bloggers and I expected great things. I haven't noticed a difference between when I use it and when I don't use it. I don't think I'll be repurchasing once this is empty.

While I wait for the toner spray to sink in, I get dressed and brush my hair. Next I use the Nip+Fab Dragons Blood Plumping Serum (£19.95 although I always wait until it's on offer in Superdrug, I paid £9.95). This stuff is amazing. The smell is impossible to describe, but it sinks in so quickly and genuinely adds a shot of moisture to my skin. It also feels really cool and refreshing. When I haven't used this, I notice my foundation doesn't apply nearly as well.

Next I use the Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Day Cream with SPF15 (£4.49). This is just a standard moisturiser I would say, I like it but I'm not overly attached to it. It takes a while to sink in but I find that the level of moisture it provides is perfect for my combination skin.

If my eyes are feeling particularly sore or tired (I'm looking at you Sunday mornings), then I apply a bit of the Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On (£4.99). I'm not in love with this product, I can't decide when to use it. On one hand, it's so lightly moisturising and cooling that I think daytime but on the other hand, it takes a while to sink in so maybe before bed is better?

Finally, I apply a bit of the Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit (£3.99). See, I told you I love pink grapefruit scented products.


If you made it to the end of this huge post then congratulations! Let me know in the comments your favourite products that you use in the morning.

Thanks for reading!