NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Saturday, 24 October 2015

Liebster Award

Hope you're having a fantastic day! Today I've got an award post for you, sorry that it's two of these posts in a row on a Saturday but that's just the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid! 

I'm really excited to do this post as I love how they're something a wee bit different. I was tagged to do the Liebster Award by the lovely Charlotte from Charlotte's Picks - definitely click and check out her blog! 


And here are my answers to the 11 questions that Charlotte set her nominees to answer:


(1) If you had to choose one make-up item which you had to live off for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mascara. It makes my eyes look so much bigger and brighter. My choice would either be Maybelline The Falsies (£8) or Max Factor Clump Defy (£11).

(2) Favourite brand of shoe

I absolutely love my Nike trainers that I got for my birthday earlier this year for running. They're so comfortable that I'm asking Santa for a lighter pair that I can wear to uni as it's about a 40 minute round trip walking there every day. I've got the Nike Air Zoom Fly 2 (£80) in pink and orange and I'm after something like the Nike Free 5.0 (£100) in black and white.

(3) Would you rather wear jeans or a skirt all day for a year?

Definitely jeans. I rarely wear a skirt actually, I much prefer a dress as I don't have to attempt to match a skirt and top together. And as long as they're my super comfy high-waisted jeans (read my blog post about them here) I'll be a happy chappy.

(4) Fruit or chocolate?

Does saying both count if I say that I really really love Terry's chocolate oranges?

(5) What made you want to start a blog?

I really enjoy reading other people's blogs, not only bloggers with a huge following but also and especially smaller bloggers. I have a lot to say and I thought that a blog would be a great way to get my thoughts out there, and also to interact with other people.

(6) How long did it take you to do your makeup today?

Oooooh, I'm not sure - probably between 5 and 10 minutes. I did quite a full face of makeup, but since I have my day-to-day makeup in a makeup bag separate from my drawer of makeup it really speeds me up as I'm not rifling through the drawer for what I'm looking for.

(7) What's your favourite makeup brush you use?

I love all of the Real Techniques brushes, in fact they're the only ones I use but my favourite has to be the buffing brush from the core collection (£21). When I first got the set I didn't really use it but as soon as I tried it to apply my foundation I was hooked. Sometimes if I'm using a particularly liquid foundation I will use the foundation brush but otherwise I always use the buffing brush.

(8) Are you an outside or inside type of person?
I'm a bit of both. Sometimes I go a bit stir crazy and just want to be outside so I'll go for a walk, no matter what the weather is!

(9) Favourite fashion accessory
My Olivia Burton black and rose gold watch (£70-£80) is such a classic piece which I think adds a little something to every outfit - if only I could remember to wear it more! I can't remember if I have the Midi or Big dial size but these are honestly such beautiful watches, check them out here.

(10) Would you rather use an eyebrow pencil for a lip liner or a lip liner for an eyebrow pencil?
I don't think using an eyebrow pencil for a lip liner would be disastrous...I have one brown lipstick and one browny-pink that I think could work with a brown eyebrow pencil used as liner!

(11) What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?
I can't think of one particularly embarrassing thing in my life as a whole, but the most embarrassing thing to happen to me in the past week was in my local Tesco express. I had bought a few naughty wee treats as well as a small bottle of Dr Pepper which, to carry home (because I had forgotten a bag tut tut) I stuck in the pocket of my joggies. As I'm paying, with my arms full of my purchases I realise that the weight of the bottle is causing my joggies to start to slip.....and they aren't stopping at my hips! Luckily I managed to subtly pull them up before anything mortifying happened, but yes, I was very almost stood at the till at my local Tesco's with my trousers around my ankles!

I would love the following people to do this post, so here are my nominations:
Marti from Pink Smarties Blog
Raashi from Be the change that you wish to see in the world
...and anyone else reading this who would like to do this tag!

Here are my eleven questions for you guys!:
(1) What is your favourite hot drink?
(2) What is your favourite item of clothing?
(3) What is your favourite thing about the current season?
(4) What is your favourite colour of lipstick to wear?
(5) Do you prefer writing in pen or in pencil?
(6) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
(7) Who is your favourite celebrity and why?
(8) If you could travel backwards in time to one era, when would you travel to?
(9) If you could be given a free return journey to one city in the world, where would you travel to?
(10) If your favourite book were being made into a film and you were asked to play the lead character, would you?
(11) If you could only listen to one band or artist for the rest of your life, who would you choose?

Thanks for reading!