NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 31 August 2015

The Body Shop Seaweed Skincare Range


Today I'm going to do a review of the above items from The Body Shop's Seaweed range. From left to right:

Seaweed Night Treatment (£13.00)
This is probably my favourite product from the five. I use this as my night time moisturiser. The appearance of this is a clear, runny gel and the packaging has a pump dispenser. I find that one pump isn't enough and two pumps is a bit too much so I usually opt for the two and make sure that everywhere is covered. My one issue with this is that it takes ageeeees to sink into the skin and so you can't really go to sleep straight away as you'd end up stuck to your pillow! It does leave your skin really soft and smooth though.

Would I repurchase? : Maybe (I prefer The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask (£24.00))


Seaweed Clarifying Toner (£9.50)
I've switched from a conventional toner like this one to using exfoliating toning pads but if a liquid toner is still your thing then this is a pretty good one. It removes any residue left from your cleanser and is alcohol free.

Would I repurchase? : No (I don't use toners like this anymore)


Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator (£11.00)
I have to admit that every single one of these products I have finished (or am finishing) apart from this one. I'm no longer using an exfoliator like this because I use exfoliating pads instead so I gave this to my mum. What I will say is that it is a rather unappealing brown colour with huge exfoliating particles, so if that's what you look for in an exfoliator then you might like this. It also has a bit of a weird smell.

Would I repurchase? : No


Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser (£9.50)
I've spoken about this cleanser already in my skincare empties post. I really didn't like this cleanser, I didn't find it very effective at removing makeup, dirt or oil from my skin so basically a pretty rubbish cleanser! I also found it left a residue on my skin even when I removed it with a wet face cloth.

Would I repurchase? : No


Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream (£11.00)
This day cream does what it says on the tin, it does leave your skin matte and I do notice that it takes a lot longer for my skin to go shiny through my makeup when I use this. It also takes a bit longer than other moisturisers I've tried to absorb into my skin which is not ideal when you're in a rush and trying to do your makeup. The other issue with this, and it's a huge one, is that this stuff smells awful. In the tub it smells fine but when you rub it into your skin, I don't know what happens - maybe it heats up or something? It smells like fish. Ew. Luckily the smell goes away after it is absorbed but still. Not ideal.

Would I repurchase? : No


Unfortunately, it's a thumbs down from me for The Body Shop's seaweed range. I'm disappointed as I usually love The Body Shop products. Let me know in the comments if you guys have tried anything from this range. I'm also on the hunt for a new cleanser so please let me know your recommendations below, I'd really appreciate it!