NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 3 August 2015

Makeup starter kit for £50

Hello!

Welcome to the third of this series of starter kits for £50, previously I have written about my skincare starter kit and my body care starter kit so be sure to check those out!

The total of the items comes to £49.44, but always watch out for 3 for 2 offers and remember to use your Boots or Superdrug card to collect points!

Makeup Bag 
Zoella Beauty Bag (£8.00)
I got this makeup bag as a gift last Christmas and I absolutely love it. It's such a good size for keeping all your makeup in when you're just starting out, and then for travelling when your makeup collection has grown! If this one is a bit too pricey, be sure to check out Primark for some slightly cheaper makeup bags.

Concealer
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (£5.99)
I've only started using this concealer recently but I really like it, it's so creamy that it doesn't look awful over dry patches around spots. It's also great under eyes. I use my ring finger to pat this in, so you don't need to splash out on makeup brushes.

Blusher AND Eyeshadow
Sleek MakeUP Eye & Cheek Palette (£9.99)
I love Sleek Blushes and Eyeshadow palettes so I just know this would be a great product to have them combined - great for starting out or travelling. It comes with a brush for applying blush and a duo-ended eyeshadow applicator too.

Powder 
Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder (£3.99)
I love this powder, it sets my makeup really well. My one gripe is the packaging, I always end up cracking the lid. And when you hit pan you have to be really careful not to drop it as the powder does then smash - but you can keep it to use as loose powder if you're careful.

Eyeliner
Bourjouis Liner Feutre (£6.99)
I purchased this recently in a 3 for 2 deal on Bourjouis products and I am pleasantly surprised. It's wet enough to use easily with dragging the eyelid, but not too wet that it smudges. It's very very black and once it's there and dried it lasts all day - in fact it can even be tricky to get off at night time without using eye makeup remover or micellar water. I'm definitely still an eyeliner beginner and I could use this no problem.

Mascara
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (£7.99)
I have now found The One. The One mascara, that is. This is it, it's affordable, it's brilliant I love love love it. It has a curved wand which can be tricky to get a hang off when you first use it but once you use it you will fall in love, I promise.

Lipstick
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick (£6.49)
And similar to mascara, I have found the one lipstick. These lipsticks are £1 more expensive than the other Rimmel lipsticks (I think) but boy is it worth it. As the name suggests, they are so moisturising but the colour is still very pigmented. They are just a pleasure to wear. So what if they need to be reapplied slightly more often than the Rimmel Stay Matte lipsticks? They make my lips feel happy!

Let me know in the comments what you think if you have tried any of these products! Thanks for reading.