NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Wednesday, 26 August 2015

#goodadvice

I was doing my daily read through of the blogs that I'm subscribed to (I use bloglovin' and I 100% recommend it if you are a blogger or just a reader of several blogs, it's fab)...where was I? Right, so I was reading through and I came across this post on Raashi's blog. I hope that she doesn't mind, but it inspired me to write my own version of her post.

The advice is to find three hobbies that you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative. I've found recently that it's so important to focus on the positives in your life and this advice is a great way of doing just that!



One to make you money
I'm about to go back to university in a few weeks for my second year of my degree, and although this isn't necessarily a hobby I did struggle last year with negative thoughts of whether I had chosen the right degree or not. I can now say, with confidence, that I am definitely doing the right degree. Biochemistry is so so interesting, I love learning how the body works on a chemical level.

I also will hopefully be tutoring again next year which I really enjoy as when the person who I tutor does well it really makes me feel amazing - I get particularly invested in other people's successes and it's incredibly rewarding.



One to keep you in shape
This is one hobby that is going to become a much bigger part of my life when I go back to university. For a short while last year I was really into jogging several times a week, then I sprained my ankle (not while jogging haha) and now every time I go for a run it becomes clear how weak my ankle is now. I'm determined to get back into it though.



One to be creative
My creative hobby has got to be this blog. My Slice is a place that I am very proud of - yes it needs more work in a lot of areas including blog photography, design and content but I am confident that with time this will all start to come together. I'm also in my spare time learning a little bit of HTML and CSS (that scary looking code that web pages use) and I am sure that this will also help me to improve the appearance of my blog.


I would love to hear what you guys have to talk about for your three hobbies (I know I really did more than three tut tut). So if you write a blog post similar to mine and Raashi's then link it below, or alternatively, leave a comment with your hobbies.