NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 13 July 2015

The Blog Tour Award

Hello!

Okay, I know I said that I wasn't planning on posting this week but that was before I was nominated by the lovely Georgie Watts to do the blog tour award.



Blog Tour Award Rules:
1. Pass the tour to at least four other bloggers.
2. Give your nominees the rules and specify the Monday in which they should post their nomination answers.
3. Answer the four questions about your creative process, which allows other bloggers and visitors to understand what inspires you to do what you do.
4. Compose this one-time post on a specific Monday.


Q1) How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I would say that my blog differs because I write about a lot of different topics - so I guess you can't describe my blog as just one thing. Yes, it's similar to a beauty blog in a lot of ways but I also write about my experiences in life and at university, as well as about films, music and books, to name a few. I like to call it a lifestyle blog because that pretty much covers everything.

Q2) How does your writing/creative process work?
A lot of ideas for posts hit me during my day-to-day life, and usually when I'm not at my laptop. I write them down on my phone, sometimes as post titles, others as sentences I want to include and some just as random thoughts that probably need focussed a little better before I write about them! I also get a lot of inspiration from other blogs, on bloglovin I have a collection of saved posts entitled inspiration. Then at the start of the month I sit down and spend some time deciding which posts to write that month and on which days - vital if you're posting almost every day like I am. I usually schedule a few day's posts at a time if I can, and I usually write the whole post in one sitting, then add the photos and do a final read through the next day.

Q3) Why do you write and create what you do?
I love reading other blogs so much that I wanted to show the world what I could write about and what I had to say. And I began to love blogging so much that I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It's become a hobby that I get so much enjoyment out of.

Q4) What are you working on at the minute?
Outside of writing, I've started driving lessons and been applying for part-time jobs. I've also been actually writing my novel (the plan for it has been sitting untouched for months). I'm also learning to do this posting six days a week craziness that I decided to do. I've grown to love blogging so much, and although I haven't told many people that I know about it I hope soon that I will have the confidence to share my blog with more of my friends and family. 


Nominations:
Ema - All The Good Blog Names Were Taken
Tara Neill - Dancing Through Life
Louise - Of Love and Lipstick
Tara - Tara's Floral World
Al White - Miss Makeup Tips

Oh and I'll give everyone until Monday the 27th of July to complete their answers! Thank you again Georgie for the nomination.