NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 20 July 2015

Skincare starter kit for £50

Hello!

Welcome back to my blog, I haven't posted in a whole week because I was on holiday but I am back now and excited to start blogging again! I had a great time, but I really missed this little place.


Today's post is my skincare starter kit - next week's post will be my bodycare starter kit, so this week's post is just for the face and hands.


I will admit from the start that although the title says £50, the total cost of the below ten products comes to £60.16. What I will say is that you will often be able to get a lot of the below products on offer. Particularly: The Body Shop are currently offering up to 50% off on sale items with an additional 40% off everything, including sale items. The total with current price reductions comes to £43.70. It's also important to point out that for your £50-ish you're getting ten products, rather than just cleanser, exfoliator, toner and moisturiser as most other "skincare under £50" posts have.


Basics
Superdrug Cotton Wool Pads Triple Pack - £3.00
I use these pads in lots of ways: with micellar water to take off my makeup, with cleansing oil to remove excess wax when I've been waxing, with nail polish remover...

Superdrug My Little Star Cotton Buds Bag - £0.59 (currently Buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 price)
Cotton buds are great for tidying up eyeliner or removing makeup from your lower lash line.

Primark Face Cloths 3-pack - £2.50
I use a clean face cloth every day and use it to take my cleanser off (along with my makeup) as well as my face mask, if I have used one.


Face
Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water - £4.99 (currently £3.29)

It is really important to take off your makeup every day and I've found that this micellar water is best as it can be used on your eyes and all over your face. I've found it to be pretty good at taking off gel eyeliner and waterproof mascara, so you shouldn't need a separate eye makeup remover.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil - £11.00 (currently £6.60)

This is pricy, but it's one of the best purchases I've made recently. You use about 2 pumps so it lasts for ages. And even if you have oily skin, you can still use a cleansing oil. This removes any last traces of makeup after you have used a micellar water.

The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask - £11.00 (currently £6.60)

As the name suggests, this mask warms on your face and helps to deeply cleanse. It's similar to the Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Super Self-Heating Deep Pore Detox Mask (what a ridiculous name haha) but it is a tiny bit cheaper. I use it two to three times a week.

Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads - £12.95 (currently £8.59)

This is the priciest product on this list but is hands down one that I couldn't live without. This replaces the step where most people would use a really gritty exfoliating scrub and then a traditional toner. These pads contain glycolic acid which exfoliates the skin and are just brilliant.

Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser - £3.99

I don't use this moisturiser anymore but I used to love it, my sister still uses it and it's just an all round good moisturiser. They also make one with SPF15 but as this one doesn't have SPF, you can use it as a daytime and nighttime moisturiser.

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm - £3.69

This is a pricier lip balm but it's the only lip product I've been able to find that actually works on my drier-than-dry lips.


Hands
Sally Hansen Strengthening Polish Remover - £2.45 (currently 3 for 2)

I only ever use the Sally Hansen polish removers as I find them to work the best.

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Hand Cream - £4.00 (currently £2.40)

I love the smell of this hand cream, although of course The Body Shop do their hand cream in a whole range of scents. It's also really quick to absorb so your hands don't feel greasy and slippery for ages afterwards.


Let me know in the comments if you have used any of these products or if you would swap or add in some of your own favourite products!