NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Saturday, 11 July 2015

Saturday's Songs #2

Hello!

This week I had a couple of setbacks, which I'm sure I'll write about another time so it was time to whack out my playlist for when I'm down entitled Breathe. I also added a couple of new songs to it, here are the highlights:

James Bay - "Running"
This song featured during my 30 day song challenge, you can read the full post here.
Favourite line: "When my heart is ready to burst // When the world spins in reverse // I'll keep running // To the place where I belong."


Daughter - "Still"
This band is a fairly new discovery for me, a few months ago maybe? Their songs are like poetry to music - in fact I first found them by googling the words to what I thought was a poem on tumblr.
Favourite line: "Two hands longing for each others warmth // Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."


Gem Club - "Michael"
Gorgeous song, haven't heard much else of this band but I'll get right on that, I promise.
Favourite line: "I watched when you move // how the whole world moves."


Ruby The Rabbitfoot - "Ways"
Such a unique song I think.
Favourite line: "You're probably thinking of ways // Ways to be good to me."


Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Kathleen"
A bit more upbeat than the others, I listened to this one lots when I was feeling a bit better.
Favourite line: "It's impractical // To go out and catch a death with a dress fit for the summer."


Let me know in the comments what songs you have been loving this week!