NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Friday, 10 July 2015

Friday's Favourites #2

Hello!

Here are my favourites from this week:

Film
The Imitation Game is a historical thriller film based on the real life British computing scientist/mathematician/genius, Alan Turing. Benedict Cumberbatch stars as Turing who is hired by the British government to decrypt German codes during World War Two. I watched this film with my family, who knew a lot more about Turing than I did however I really enjoyed the film anyway and I think Cumberbatch did an excellent job portraying Turing. I also liked Keira Knightley as Joan Clarke. Watch the trailer here.

Book
I have been far too busy this week to have a favourite book, sorry guys.

Blog
This week my favourite blog was Rebecca Rachel - I've loved reading her university related posts and seeing how much our experiences have in common.

Food
I've rediscovered a love of Mars Bars this week. It's been so hot that my favourite thing to do is pop one in the fridge for a bit before I eat it. Although be careful - I know a guy who ripped out a filling by eating a refrigerated Mars Bar.

Makeup
In the heat of the past week it might seem strange for me to say that I've fallen in love with a cream blush - Maybelline Dream Touch blush in 07 Plum (£6.49). I find it's just the most gorgeous naturally flushed shade for me. And I sometimes layer with a powder blush on the top if I think it might move around. I love to apply it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.

Skincare
I've been trying to use up some of my old skincare products recently and I've found a product that I hated when I first used it but love now - The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream (£11.00). It really is mattifying but then I haven't got the oiliest skin, so that could just be for my skin. My one issue when I first tried it was the smell - it smelled a little bit fishy to me which did go away when it was absorbed but was still pretty unpleasant. Now that I've retried it I haven't noticed the smell at all, which I think was caused by using the whole range of seaweed products together.

Clothing
It has definitely been shorts weather this week and so I've loved wearing these high waisted denim shorts from H&M (£19.99). So flattering and very comfortable.

Let me know in the comments any of your favourites that you would recommend!