NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Monday, 27 July 2015

Bodycare starter kit for £50

Hello!

Today's post follows on from my skincare starter kit last week, which focussed on the face and hands whilst this post focusses on the body. I hope you enjoy!

The total cost of the below products at full price comes to £47.45, however with current price reductions it comes to £33.93. I'd also reckon that using pound shops you can get a lot of the basics and some brands cheaper than in Boots or Superdrug.


Basics
Superdrug Body Puff - £1.99
I love using these with shower gel as it helps to get really good foamy bubbles and also is a gentle exfoliator for the whole body. I always make sure and choose a different colour every time I replace them too!

Superdrug Body Glove - £2.49
I have just purchased exfoliating gloves and I love using them with a body scrub to get a really deep exfoliation.


In Shower
Original Source Shower Gel - £2.20-£2.70 (currently £1.29)
I love this shower gel as it's fairly inexpensive, lathers really well and comes in lots and lots of great scents that really linger on the skin. My picks would be Watermelon & Jojoba Oil, Blood Orange, and Pink Grapefruit.

Soap & Glory Body Scrub - £8.00
I've only ever tried the Sugar Crush scent which has an overpowering sickly-sweet lime scent however I really love the texture of this body scrub so I will definitely be trying the other scents in the range. I also love The Body Shop's body scrubs however the Soap & Glory scrubs are just as good and slightly less expensive. There are four versions of this body scrub: Flake Away, Sugar Crush, Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em, Smoothie Star.


Shaving
Gilette Satin Care Shave Gel - £3.49 (currently £1.33)
When I bother using shave gel (it's messy and takes time that I don't always have) I really notice the difference with my shave.

Gilette Razor - £7.99-£10.99 (currently £4.98)
This is the only brand of razor that I have ever tried but I can't see myself using anything else any time soon! I'd recommend buying the first one based on the colour of the handle, and then you can replace the blade with any of the available blades. I'll be doing a review of all the types of blades soon, but the cheapest blades are just as good as the more expensive ones.


After Shower
Soap & Glory Body Butter - £10.00
Again, I've only ever tried the Sugar Crush scent but I love how moisturising these body butters are. They are also much better value for money (more than twice as much product for the same price) than The Body Shop Body Butters. There are five versions of this body scrub: The Righteous Butter, Orangeasm, Smoothie Star, Sugar Crush, Butter Yourself.

Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion - £7.79 (currently £3.85)
This is the first gradual tanner that I have ever used but I really like it, it takes about two applications in order for my peely-wally whiter-than-white legs to take on a bit of colour. There is also a dark version. Highly recommend!


Let me know in the comments if you have used any of these products or if you would swap or add in some of your own favourite products!