NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Saturday, 20 June 2015

Favourite song at this time last year

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "Thin Line"

featuring Buffalo Madonna


First of all, I must apologise for the above video not being an official music video or even an official audio - this was all that I could find on YouTube.

"Thin Line" is from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' 2012 album, Heist. I absolutely love this album and I think it's great - in particular, the more well-known songs like "Thrift Shop" and "Same Love". However, my favourite song for a very long time was "Thin Line".

The song is about a decaying relationship as a result of his career. Later in the song, he wishes that he had made different choices and not focussed entirely on his rap career because it brought about the end of his relationship. What is interesting is that Macklemore has been in a successful relationship for 7 years and so this song appears to be about artists in general.

The reason I love this song so much has to be that there are so many really memorable lines: "The greatest trick that the devil ever pulled //  Was convincing women that they looked // Better in their makeup" ; "She walks that thin line // in and out of my bed // Each time I love her less" are just some of the great lines in this song.

Give it a listen if you haven't already!