NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Friday, 26 June 2015

A song with a number in the title

Noah and the Whale - "5 Years Time"



This was a really tricky category for me to choose a song for because I didn't want to repeat artists that I had written about before which meant I couldn't write about One Direction's "18",  Ed Sheeran's "Grade 8" or Taylor Swift's "22". Tricky tricky. In the end I chose an oldie but a goodie: "5 Years Time".

"5 Years Time" was originally released in 2007 where it failed to chart however when it was rereleased in 2008 it reached number 7 on the UK singles chart. The music video shows the band performing in a pub and in a park.

My favourite part of the song is the second verse:
"Cause I'll be laughing at all your silly little jokes 
And we'll be laughing about how we used to smoke 
All those stupid little cigarettes and drink stupid wine 
Cause it's what we needed to have a good time"

Check out this song if you haven't already!