NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Thursday, 18 June 2015

A song I want to play at my wedding

Fatboy Slim - "Praise You"



When I clicked play on the music video for "Praise You" my first thoughts were: What the hell? Is this the right video? It says official... What are those dance moves? Oh. Oh. Hang on. Wait. This is epic. Yes. This needs sent to my closest friends right now.

It's a pretty unusual music video by any standards. Maybe instead of 1D, I should have chosen this song as a song with a great music video. The video was shot in public, flash-mob style, and cost $800 to produce. The dancing is pretty funny but I also think it's kind of artistic. But, anyhow, the main point of this post is not to discuss the music video.

"Praise You" is, undoubtedly, an unusual choice for a song to feature on anyone's wedding playlist. Let me explain. It will make sense I promise. Let's take a trip down memory lane. I'm living in my old house, in Northern Ireland. I'm old enough to be walking but this is still one of my earliest memories. "Praise You" is playing through my dad's speakers and I'm standing on his feet, dancing around the room with him. Picture that. Magical.

Am I crazy for wanting some sort of repeat of that at my wedding?