NAVBARIMAGE

Pages

Friday, 19 June 2015

A song I want to play at my funeral

The Civil Wars - "C'est La Mort"


I couldn't find a music video or an official audio for this song so I thought that the above live version would do the trick. It's actually interesting because in the above video the duo's personalities really shine through. This was performed over 4 years ago and within that time they went from laughing on stage to being broken up.

Another interesting point is that they say that it is a love song and I have to agree. It might seem a bit strange to chose a love song to play at my funeral, but it's a song about life and death after all. The two other contenders were Band of Horses - "The Funeral" (a bit obvious maybe?) and Death Cab for Cutie - "I Will Follow You Into The Dark".

"C'est La Mort" is an incredibly beautiful song performed by a truly amazing duo who I wish were still creating music.